Station Station

Friday, March 11, 2005

Just allow yourself to be in amazement for a short while

think about the construction of buildings. who designs the giant machines. how are they transported to the necessary locations. how do tons of people work together without direct contact in knowing how to dig the right size hole, make accurate measurements, and use the right materials in the right spot. how do they all work in any weather condition. how can it be built so fast. and stadiums and skyscrapers and high schools and art museums and libraries and highways and bridges and cathedrals and office buildings. yes, yes architecture and construction are trully amazing and i am just going to be amazed for a while - -

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger erin said...

great way to rain on my parade guys. what is man's purpose in life? because i am also amazed by that, maybe you could offer me some wisdom...

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger elle elle said...

After reading this post, I, for one, walked around in amazement all day.

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I'm amazed by pickles. I mean, who ever thought of pickling? And especially Cucumbers. And even more especially, the cucumbers designed for pickling? What order did they come in? And why do I enjoy them so much?

I just looked it up, and it turns out, most historians think it originated in Mesopotamia. It's used to store foods I guess. Still seems weird to me though, minus Mesopotamia being super boring.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger erin said...

anonymous..hmm..cucumbers are delicious..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home