Station Station

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Vote Gary Lueders

These are the reasons my dad is a model of greatness:
1. Speed Queen Barbecue: He brought me there Friday night as soon as we arrived in Milwaukee, and it was the best BBQ-ed chicken I have ever tasted. He even pulled out the un-scary white meat parts for me so that I wouldn't have to touch the bones. We were the striking minority at this place, an experience rare to me and valuable.
2. Kohler Design Center: If you are in Sheboygan, please go there. State-of-the-art sinks, bathtubs, toilets, faucets, and amazing model bathrooms that make you want to grow up and be rich. Lots of spraying and bubbling. A Kohler faucet alone costs upwards of $4000.
3. John Michael Kohler Arts Center: Awesome museum, famous for its five restrooms each decorated by a different artist. We saw a dress made out of twist ties, and a special urinal in which your piss becomes a design element.
4. Mader's German restaurant: my dad is working on completing their Compendium of Beers, a list of 219 beers they have available, the achievement of which will lead to the engraving of his name onto a plaque which will be placed on the wall for all eternity. He has 29 left to go, after the sixteen(!) non-alcoholic ones he drank on our overnight visit. We had to make three trips to Mader's for this.
5. He bought me some pecan fudge from a lady.
6. Marquette Girls' Basketball game: This was really boring, but bless him for trying to keep me well-rounded.
7. We watched Blazing Saddles together at our friend George's house.
8. He bought me a Sprecher's root beer at Wolf Ridge country club, and then a scotch to finish off our noon visit.
9. We walked into the Milwaukee Art Museum as far as we could without paying the $12 admission. We "put it on the list for next time" instead of taking the plunge. My dad always has one of those lists going.
10. He says, "hot damn!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home