Station Station

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Day Two of Frosting Withdrawl

Ladies and David Silverman Inc: Last night, in the midst of the slushy snowfall, I was consistantly thinking to myself, "Hey Mollie, maybe the weather will get real bad, and the snow will freeze on the roads, and create terrible driving conditions for the morning, and we WILL HAVE A SNOW DAY. perhaps. Yes. That would be good. hmm." Remember that? I think I was talking about it alot. So anyway, I went to bed, and although I was asleep, I remained very very aware every time a plow truck passed by... I think it happened 3 times. THEN, at 4 in the morning, I woke to the sound of shoveling... and I thought to myself, "Oh yeah. Total snow day. Oh yeah." I didn't sleep very well last night. So THEN at 7:15 I woke up, and ran into the kitchen and turned on the radio to see if school was canceled, and as I'm eating my Chex I'm thinking, "huh, no annoucements... hmm" But here's the thing. I totally knew I wouldn't get a snow day the whole time. We got like 2 inches of snow, and I go to college. Colleges don't really get snow days. Even last night, when I was talking about my beloved potential snow day to Meara, and she said "probably not gonna happen. sorry mollie." and I said "Oh now Meara, have a little faith... blah blah blah..." I knew it wasn't gonna happen. So the thing is, I'm really tired today, and it's all because I love those snow days so much that I lied to myself, and then I believed myself. Silly. I was telling this story to a guy at the bus stop this morning, and we commented on the nice weather and all, and then he started talking about how he hates winter, mostly because he doesn't like to wear clothes. And I laughed, and then I noticed his feet. The guy was wearing sandals. No socks. Naked toes, sandals. Mind you it really isn't that nice. So I asked the guy, "You're wearing sandals?" and he said, "Oh yeah, I don't like wearing shoes either. Or socks. heh." and he went on to tell me he's been wearing sandals all winter and "They're so comfey, don't you think?" and I said, "yeah, but I value my toes... not a fan of frostbite, you know?" Then his bus came. Silly. And another thing! I'm becoming increasingly pissed off about not being able to eat two handed foods. Food you need to use two hands to eat. I recall an incident in Chicago where I had an exceptionally difficult time with an amazing cheeseburger. And today, I made a wrap thing for lunch, expecting to roll it up and eat it like a burrito, and I had to pick the thing apart with a fork... it took way to long. It doesn't taste the same if you cannot eat it the way it was suppossed to be eaten. I had some bites with hummus, some without, spinach was everywhere. god what a mess. I have to go ice skating with Adam now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home